Turkey made remarkable changes to their Turkish Citizenship by Investment program in 2018. These changes let new investors to acquire citizenship by spending minimum 250,000USD. The regulated program is now one of the most affordable and exciting citizenship programs around the world.
For 3 years, thousands of global investors have applied for the citizenship program and obtained their Turkish citizenship through real estate investment. So, we brought together the basic aspects of the program to make it easier for investors.
Advantages of having Turkish Citizenship
Your family can also benefit: According to the regulation, spouse of the applicant, and also any children who are under the age of 18 will also be granted Turkish Citizenship under the citizenship program.
You can hold your current citizenship: Dual citizenship is allowed in Turkey. That means you can hold your current citizenships without give up any of them in order to apply for Turkish citizenship.
Travel without visa: If you have Turkish passport you can travel to 104 countries without a visa or receive a visa upon arrival. This ranks a Turkish Passport in the top 30 most powerful passports in the world. You can renew your Turkish Passport every 10 years.
Work in Turkey: If you have Turkish citizenship then you are free to work in Turkey. Remember that Turkey is the gateway from Europe and Asia, so working between two continents will be easier and advantageous.
Better healthcare system: With Turkish citizenship, reaching cheaper and better healthcare facilities and insurance policies will be yours. You will also benefit from state pension system and apply for loans.
No losing residency: Once you obtain your citizenship you can enter or leave Turkey whenever you want without losing your residential rights. Moreover, you don’t have to live in Turkey.
Your Guide to Apply for Turkish Citizenship
1- Turkish Tax Registration Number: The first step is to get tax registration. You can receive your tax registration number at any tax office in Turkey using your original passport and photos are required.
2- Turkish bank account: After taking your tax number, you should open a bank account in Turley. While doing this, you will need your passport and Tax Registration Number. You will also need an official document such as a utility bill showing current address.
3- Choose your property: The property for this program must be worth at least 250,000USD and can be either a single home or multiple units such as those investing in apartments in Turkey. The residence must be close to being completed or already completed with a title deed or construction servitude ready. It must be suitable for an Official Valuation.
4- Purchase the property: Property has to be purchased using a Bank Transfer with document and transaction by receipt. The Title Deed Registry or Notarized Sales Contract has to be annotated to state that the home to be sold within the next three years. After three years is up, you can sell all your investments in Turkey and keep the citizenship.
5- Obtain a Certificate of Conformity: When you provide the Official Valuation Survey and submit the receipt of the Bank Transfer to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, you can obtain a certificate of conformity.
6- Apply for Turkish Residency: Applications for Turkish residency are made to the Directorate General of Migration Management after gathering all the required documents needed.
7- Ready for Turkish Citizenship: Now you can apply for Turkish Citizenship at the Directorate General of Migration Management after receiving your Turkish Residency and gathering all the necessary documents to do so. You now have Turkish Citizenship.
What Documents You Will Need?
• Copy of birth Certificate: Remember that each certificate must be stamped and authenticated from your home country Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Turkish Embassy in your home country or you can Apostille the papers according to the Apostille Convention (Hague Treaty Convention 12)
• Document showing Marital Status: Marriage certificate, divorce certificate, or death certificate of spouse if widowed. Again, each certificate must be stamped and authenticated from your home country Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Turkish Embassy or Apostilled according to the Apostille Convention (Hague Treaty Convention 12)
• Biometric photos:4 Biometric photos with a white background and sized 5 x 6 for all family members applying, as well as 8 more Biometric photos regular sized and on a white background for the main applicant only.
• Copy of original Passport
• Power of Attorney document
• Receipt of Wire Transfers
• Proof of Address: This must be provided by governmental institutions. Please note that bank statement or utility bills will not be accepted. Each certificate must be stamped and authenticated from your home country Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Turkish Embassy or apostilled according to the Apostille Convention (Hague Treaty Convention 12)
Other options to obtain Turkish Citizenship by Investing
• Provide employment for at least 50 people in Turkey
• Fixed Capital Investment of at least 500,000USD
• Purchase State Dept Instruments worth 500,000USD
• Deposit at least 500,000USD into a Turkish Bank
• Venture Capital Investment Fund worth 500,000USD